Home Remedies to Get Rid of Tonsil Stones
Tonsillitis is an ailment which many of us suffer from in our childhood, and some of us might carry it into our adulthood as well. To be precise, Tonsillitis is that condition when your tonsils get inflamed. Now you might be wondering what tonsils basically area. Tonsils are actually lymph nodes which are generally present on both sides of our throat. There are many reasons which can be responsible for this swelling of lymph nodes. You might end up with this condition as a consequence of a viral infection or some bacterial infection might be the possible cause. The intensity of this condition varies from person to person and generally you can infer its presence owing to many of its symptoms such as sore threat, fever, headaches, sneezing, coughing etc.
There are many medicines available out there for the treatment of tonsil stones. However, it is also possible to cure this condition with the help of some very simple home remedies to get rid of tonsil stones (Tonsillitis), which have been elaborated below. Yet, if your condition perseveres then try consulting a doctor as soon as possible.
1. The Miraculous Lemon
The All-Purpose lemon can boast of both anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Thus, it can be used as a potent remedy to battle tonsillitis.
- Make a lemon water solution by mixing together some lemon juice, a pinch of salt along with a one tea spoon of honey. Now, drink this solution twice a day for some days until your condition improves.
2. The Benefit of Turmeric
Turmeric is acknowledged across the globe for its anti-septic and anti-inflammatory traits. Both these properties make it effective against tonsil stones.
- Take hold of a glass of warm milk and add a little turmeric in it. You can also consider adding a pinch of black pepper. Now, drink this turmeric milk slowly and repeat this process for two or three nights in a row.
3. Salt Water Solution
Salt water is the best and most practiced home remedy for tonsil stones and many of us are already acquainted with it as well. This salt water helps to keeps both viruses and bacteria at bay.
- Make a salt water solution by mixing one table spoon of generic table salt in lukewarm water. Now use this salt water to gargle. Make sure that you do not swallow it up. Once you have gargled, spit out the water. Embark upon this process as frequently as you can for swift results.
4. Gargle with Apple Cider Vinegar
You can also consider gargling with Apple Cider vinegar in order to soothe your inflamed throat.
- Make a solution of Apple Cider Vinegar by mixing one teaspoon of it with one cup of lukewarm water. Just as you did with salt water, gargle with this vinegar solution but be careful not to swallow it. Spit this water out afterwards.
5. Chew Raw Garlic
Raw Garlic is said to possess amazing health benefits and owing to this very reason it is generally deployed to counter tonsillitis.
- Garlic can battle bacterial infection very effectively and bacterial infection is one very significant reason behind the inflammation of tonsil stones. Therefore chew a clove of raw garlic everyday so that it might act as a bacterial mediator.
6. Basil & its Soothing Traits
Basil is not only anti-viral and inflammatory but its soothing properties can also go a long way in providing you with instant relief.
- Take some water approximately one and a half cup. Now add almost 10 to 12 leaves of basil in it and allow it to boil for some time. After boiling this water for some time, add a bit of lemon juice into it and drink this solution for two to three days. You can consider adding a bit of honey to sweeten it if you want.
7. The Wonders of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is rich in microbial properties and therefore can be used for the treatment of tonsillitis. Its anti-bacterial properties can help in the reduction of inflammation.
- Take a glass of hot water and pour a little cinnamon powder into it. Furthermore, add some honey into this cinnamon water and slowly sip it up. Embark upon the drinking of this solution twice or thrice in a week.
8. Refreshing Mint
The menthol present in mint is soothing and can provide you with immense relief along with effectively getting rid of all tonsil stones causing viruses and bacteria.
- Take hold of a mint-flavored mouth wash and use this mouth wash to gargle several times daily until the condition gets better.
9. Figs & Tonsilitis
Figs come with an incredible mucilage content which ultimately allows the soreness and pain ensuing from tonsillitis to fade away.
- Take three figs in dried form and boil them in water. Afterwards, mash them into a pulp. Now, consume these mashed figs conjugated with a teaspoon of honey twice or thrice daily.
10. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is nature’s remedy for a multitude of maladies and ailments. It can act as a tongue sterilizer and prevent any bacterial or viral growth which ultimately leads to tonsillitis. Moreover, it can also help you get rid of bad breath, therefore make sure that you consume some Aloe Vera gel alternatively.