Home Remedies to Get Rid of Sinus Headache
The proportion of people getting affected from sinus headache is rampantly increasing all over the world. Sinus headache is actually a condition where your sinus membranes get inflamed. There are a lot of side effects which accompany sinusitis as well such as pressure on forehead, eyes and head. This building sinus pressure can ultimately lead to pain in your forehead as well as eyes. Sinus headache or pressure can turn out to be pretty bad as well since at times the intensity of pain can cross the line of severity. The treatment of this severe headache is tricky and can become problematic. There are various symptoms associated with this headache such as pressure in forehead, eyes, nose etc. along with a dire pain; increase in the pain’s intensity due to any movements which strain your head; feverish feeling accompanied with facial swelling and nasal discharges etc.
Generally antibiotics are prescribed to treat this condition. However, there is a multitude of home remedies to get rid of sinus headache and give you instant relief from pain. Yet, if the condition persists despite these natural home remedies, then do consider consulting a doctor.
1. Vitamin C & its curing Power
Vitamin C goes a long way in fortifying your immune system. Moreover, it comes with a notable number of antioxidants. These antioxidants battle your sinus infection and thus decrease the intensity of your pain. Vitamin C is present in a number of fruits and vegetables such as lemons, oranges, pomegranate, cauliflower, strawberries etc.
2. Ginger and its Potency
Ginger can claim anti-inflammatory properties to its name. This trait of Ginger can give you a relief from your sinus headache as a consequence.
- Get hold of a fresh ginger root and cut it into slices. Now, take some water and boil these ginger slices in this water for approximately 10 minutes. After straining, drink this tea without cooling it off.
3. Intake of Warm Water
Warm Water can enable the inflammation of your sinus membranes to subside down. Moreover, it opens up your sinuses as well. So make sure that you regularly drink lots of warm water as it would treat the symptoms of your sinus headache to a great extent.
4. Balanced Diet- A Necessity
A balanced diet would make sure that your body’s immune system is fortified. As a consequence, it would fight against all sinus infections effectively and eventually enable you to get rid of the dire pain. So make sure that you maintain an appropriate diet, with a moderate balance between all nutrients and vitamins.
5. Ice pack
If the pain is getting out of your hand owing to its severe intensity then ice pack might be the perfect solution to provide you with an immediate sense of relief. Ice pack can make your blood vessels shrink and as a consequence, the pain would be numbed.
- Take a cold cloth and use it as a compress to place onto your head and temples for some time, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. After a little break, repeat the process again so that you can have an immediate relief from the pain.
6. Apple & your Headache
Did you know that Apples can not only make your doctors go away, rather it can also make your headache go away? Apples have an intrinsic trait of maintaining your body’s acid-base balance. Therefore, migraines that are a consequence of sinusitis are greatly reduced.
- When you suffer from sinus headache, simply take hold of a piece of apple and sprinkle it with salt. After eating this piece of apple, follow it up with a glass of warm water.
7. Soothing Nature of Peppermint
Peppermint is known across the globe for its soothing and calming traits. These very properties play an important role in the treatment of headaches as well.
- Peppermint can be used to make a very effective herbal tea. To make this tea, take hold of 1 tea spoon of dried peppermint and add it to a cup of boiling water. Allow this tea to cook for 10 minutes after covering it. Finally strain and drink. You can also consider adding a bit of honey to sweeten it according to your taste.
8. Refreshing Power of Lemon
Lemon can help in giving you instant relief from your pain owing to its refreshing and relaxing properties.
- Take some lemon crusts and pound them carefully so that you end up with a lemon paste. Now, apply this paste onto your forehead to bid adieu to your sinus headache.
9. The Effectiveness of Steam
Steam is the most effective and the most prescribed remedy for the treatment of sinus headaches. With the help of steam, your nasal passage is cleared and as a consequence, you can get rid of nasal congestion. Both these factors would then ultimately combine to relieve you of your sinus headache.
10. Massaging your Forehead
Massage is also a very effective therapy to treat sinus headaches, since it can give you an immediate sense of relief. Gently massage your sinus area with the tips of your fingers to get a relaxing sensation.