Home Remedies to Get Rid of Oily Skin
If there is one skin type that can be a real pain in your neck, then it is surely oily skin that you must get rid of as soon as possible. Black heads, white pimples and other skin irritations are all consequences of excessive oil accumulated onto your skin. However, despite these aggravating consequences of oily skin, there is an incredible upside to it as well. If you have oily skin then you can be rest assured that your skin wouldn’t age that quickly, hence you wouldn’t incur a lot wrinkles. Various reasons to the excessive accumulation of oil onto your skin, therefore we bring natural home remedies to get rid of oily skin in the most efficient manner. Your oily skin type can be a result of your particular genetic makeup. Hormonal changes taking place during the onset of puberty can also make you end up with such skin. Moreover, excessive stress and your dietary choices also define what kind of skin type you will have.
If you get tired and frustrated by your oily skin then it is very understandable indeed. Although at times managing this skin type might seem to be a very daunting task, but there is a hoard of natural home remedies out there which can take care of this skin type effectively. Some of these home remedies to get rid of oily skin have been elaborated below.
How to Get Rid of Oily Skin Fast
1. Lemon Juice & your Oily Skin
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid. This citric acid can work as an astringent. Moreover, lemon juice also ensures that you get rid of darkened spots or scars onto your skin.
- Make a solution by the combination of a little lemon juice and distilled water. Now, apply this lemon solution onto your skin with the help of a cotton ball. Allow it to sit onto your skin for 10 to 15 minutes and later on follow this step by washing your skin with warm water.
2. Egg Whites- An Astringent
Egg Whites are rich in vitamin A. This vitamin can also enable you to get rid of blemishes and dark spots. Moreover, it also makes sure that you have an even skin tone.
- Keep whipping one egg white until it hardens up. Now, spread this egg white on your skin and allow it to dry up. Finally rinse your skin carefully with warm water.
3. Desiccant traits of Salt
Common salt or NaCl can effectively get rid of oily skin, thereby causing it to dry up.
- All you have to do is fill up a spray bottle with a solution of water and one tea spoon of salt. Shake the bottle well. Now, close your eyes and spritz this water onto your skin. You will see a visible difference in the intensity of oil produced by your skin.
4. All Effective Yogurt
Yogurt is rich in lactic acid. This acid can serve as a gentle exfoliator and gets rid of all excessive oil as well as impurities from your skin.
- Simply apply some plain yogurt onto your skin and let it sit there for 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse your face thoroughly with cold water.
5. Miraculous Apples
The characteristic ingredient present inside Apples is the Malic acid. This acid can also serve as an exfoliator and removes all the dead cells of your skin gently. Moreover, it also prevents your skin from absorbing excessive oil.
- Reduce an Apple to shreds and spread this apple pulp onto your skin. After letting it sit onto your skin for 10 to 15 minutes, wash it up thoroughly with water.
6. Multiple Benefits of Tomatoes
The astringent and cleansing traits of tomatoes remove all excessive oil from your skin. Moreover, the vitamin C present inside tomatoes also deals with your acne prone skin extremely well.
- Cut down a tomato into slices and rub these slices onto your skin. Allow tomato juice to penetrate your skin for approximately 15 minutes or so and then rise up your face with cool water.
7. Highly Beneficial Cucumbers
The cooling and soothing traits of cucumber are also extremely beneficial when it comes to oily skin types. Moreover, they comprise of a whole array of nutrients which are profitable for your oily skin type.
- Cut down a cucumber into slices. Now, place these slices all over your oily skin before going to bed. Next morning, remove these slices and follow this up by rinsing your skin thoroughly.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar & Acne
Apple Cider Vinegar has all those characteristic traits as well as nutrients which can treat your acne prone, oily skin very effectively. Since it has a plenitude of Alpha Hydroxyl Acids in it, therefore it can tone your oily skin like nothing else will.
- Make a much diluted solution of apple cider vinegar by combining it with distilled water. This homemade toner can then be applied onto your skin with the help of a cotton ball. After allowing it to stay there for 5 to 10 minutes, rinse off your skin thoroughly with clean water.
9. Milk and its Incredible Essence
Milk is a natural cleaner that only makes your skin extremely soft and beautiful, but it is also completely oil-free and makes sure that your body’s pH balance is maintained.
- Simply apply some skimmed milk onto your skin with the help of a cotton ball. Massage your skin gently and then go to bed. Next morning when you wake up, wash your face with cold water.
10. Aloe Vera- A Natural Miracle
The microbial properties of Aloe Vera make it an ideal treatment for your acne-prone, oily skin. It also prevents absorption of excessive oil onto your skin’s surface.
- Extract Aloe Vera Gel by cutting open a leaf. This gel should then be applied onto your skin. You can wash it off once it dries up.