Home Remedies to Get Rid of Oily Hair
Having to wash your hair every other day because of the grease/oil that quickly makes its way into your hair is definitely trying. If this is your hair condition then most probably your hair type is oily and you need to work on them with natural Home remedies to get rid of oily hair. This condition which leads to an excessive production of oil can either be a result of your genetic makeup, or it may be brought on by certain other factors such as taking a lot of stress, hormonal alterations and intake of excessively oily food. Moreover, taking poor care of your hair health can also result in oily hair.
No one likes to sport oily hair since they look dirty and unkempt. You can only get rid of this condition if you make sure that your scalp is clean. Yet, shampooing your hair daily in order to keep your scalp clean isn’t a very wise option since commercially produced shampoos come with a hoard of chemicals in them; therefore excessive use of these shampoos can turn out to be very damaging for your hair. Yet you need not fret, since hereby we have accumulated together a number of home remedies to get rid of oily hair, which will keep your scalp clean and prevent your hair from getting oily without inflicting any harmful side effects.
How to Get Rid of Oily Hair Fast
1. The Always Effective Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains a multitude of vital nutrients which can nourish your hair effectively. Since it comprises of citric acid, therefore it can go a long way in neutralizing the pH level of your hair. As a consequence, the oily secretions of your hair are controlled.
- Extract some lemon juice and then dilute it by mixing it with some water. Apply this diluted lemon juice onto your hair. After allowing it to stay there for 5 minutes, rinse it off.
2. Vinegar- A Tonic for your Hair
Vinegar controls the buildup of oil into your hair and helps balance the pH level of your scalp. Moreover, it also ensures that your hair become soft and shiny.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. Once you have shampooed your hair and rinsed them with water, use this vinegar solution as a final rinse. After allowing it to stay there for a few minutes, rinse it off as well with the help of cold water.
3. The Beauty Care of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is nature’s very own beauty herb. It detoxifies your scalp and thus in doing so, it gets rid of all those impurities which result in excessive oil secretions.
- Make a mixture by combining a little Aloe Vera gel and some lemon juice into a mild shampoo such as baby shampoo. Now use this shampoo to wash your hair. However, before rinsing it off, make sure that it stays onto your hair for a couple of minutes. This homemade shampoo can be preserved for up to a week in a cold storage area.
4. The Absorbing Traits of Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s Earth is endowed with natural absorption traits. As a consequence, it can control oil production in your hair along with enhancing blood circulation to your scalp.
- Make a paste by a combining a little water to fuller’s earth. Make sure that this paste is of a thick consistency. Follow this step by applying the paste onto your hair and allow it to sit there for some time, nearly 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, rinse off your hair thoroughly.
5. Condition your hair with Black Tea
Black tea has astringent properties. Moreover, it comprises of an acid known as tannic acid which balances your scalp’s pH and removes excessive oil secretions.
- Take some water. Add tea into this water and allow it to boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Now, cool down this tea, add a few drops of lemon juice into it and then use this black tea to rinse your hair.
6. Multi-Purpose Baking Soda
Baking soda has intrinsic properties of absorption and therefore it can absorb all excessive oil secretions and oily impurities.
- Primarily, make a paste by the combination of some baking soda and water. Now, apply this baking soda paste onto your damp hair. Allow this paste to sit onto your hair for a couple of minutes and then rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water.
7. Eggs- Protein Masks
Eggs have long been used to condition your hair along with endowing them with strength. Moreover, they also battle all excessive oily secretions of your scalp.
- Take some curd and add two eggs to it. Now, pour a few drops of lemon juice to this mixture as well. Apply this egg mask onto your hair and let it stay there for ten to fifteen minutes. Finally wash your hair with warm water.
8. Tomato Masks
Tomatoes are also acidic in nature. Therefore, they neutralize the pH level of your scalp and thus prevent all excessive oily impurities from making their way into your hair.
- Make a paste by combining a little amount of fuller’s earth with some fresh juice extracted from a ripe tomato. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it lying there for almost half an hour. Finally, rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.
9. Rinsing your hair thoroughly
Another important tip to make sure that your hair doesn’t look oily, dirty and lifeless is to rinse your hair thoroughly after every wash. This little effort on your part will ensure that no residue is left behind on your scalp. So your washing routine should comprise of a plenitude of thorough rinsing.
10. Balanced and Healthy Diet
A balanced and healthy diet is the key proponent to ensure that your hair stays healthy and nourished. Include an ideal proportion of nuts, fruits, vegetables and dairy products in your diet since mal-nutrition is a driving factor in making your hair oily and listless.