Home Remedies to Get Rid of Heartburn
At some point in our lives, almost each one of us has experienced this burning sensation in our stomach and chest after some heavy/spicy meal. At times this burning sensation might also be accompanied with pain. This characteristic feeling which is generally termed as heart burn is set on when acidic juices from stomach travel upwards to the esophagus. This happens when the slight valve present between the stomach and esophagus fails to close properly.
Generally you might get this sensation after the intake of acidic foods characterized by their fatty or fried nature. As a consequence of this particular condition, you might get susceptible to other ailments as well such as gas, nausea, sour taste is mouth etc. There are various ant-acids available out there which can treat this condition. Yet the best relief lies in natural home remedies to get rid of heartburn without any side effects. Yet if the condition persists then it is highly recommended that you consult a doctor or more appropriately a gastroenterologist.
Some home remedies to get rid of heartburn and provide you with an immediate relief have been elaborated below:
How to Get Rid of Heartburn Fast
1. Chewing Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds not only freshen up your breath but they also control the amount of acid produced by your stomach.
- Therefore, chew a couple of fennel seeds every day or even several times a day. Moreover, you can also consider making an herbal tea with the help of these seeds.
2. Multi-Purpose Baking Soda
Baking soda serves as a natural ant acid. Since it is basic in nature, therefore you can rely upon the characteristic traits of baking soda to provide you with effective and immediate relief.
- Make a solution by mixing one tea spoon of baking soda in one glass of water. Now, drink up this baking soda solution. In order to improve the taste or to benefit from the heath-oriented properties of lemon, you can also add a few drops of lemon juice into this solution.
3. Refreshing blast of Mint
Mint is known all over the world owing to its refreshing and soothing traits. Moreover, it also aids digestion and therefore can battle heartburn effectively. However, mint ought to be avoided if you are suffering from a particular ailment known as acid reflux.
- Take hold of some mint leaves and crush them up. Now, add this crushed mint to a glass of water. Allow this mint solution to stay put for almost half an hour and then drink it up, twice or thrice in a day.
4. Potency of Vinegar
A major reason for heartburn is a condition known as acid reflux. In this particular condition, heart burn is not the actual problem, rather it is a symptom of the problem. Vinegar can step in at this juncture and make sure that sphincter which is present below the esophagus remains closed. In this way, acid which would otherwise have risen upwards would be prevented from doing so.
- All you have to do is pour a couple of drops of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water before every meal and drink it up.
5. Nature’s very own- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera juice can also effectively cure this burning sensation in your chest and stomach. It enables any inflammation which might be present, to subside down and at the same time works upon your gastrointestinal tract with its healing powers.
- You need to drink 1/4th cup of Aloe Vera juice approximately 20 minutes before having any meal. Make sure that you do not drink this juice in excessive quality as then it might result in other problems such as diarrhea and abdominal pain.
6. Laxative Properties of Milk
For centuries, chilled milk has been deployed as an effective remedy to cure heart burn in its early stages. What happens is that milk or any other dairy products for that matter relaxes this sphincter that divides esophagus from stomach. This remedy is recommended best for those individuals who do not suffer from heart burns frequently.
7. Anti-Inflammatory Traits of Cabbage Juice
Cabbage Juice comes with its characteristic anti-inflammatory properties. These traits of can enable you to get rid of all digestive ailments and heart burn is one of them.
- Take hold of a cabbage and some carrots. Now, grind both of them in a blender. This cabbage and carrot juice should then be taken every morning when your stomach is empty.
8. Almond and its Amazing Traits
Almond comprise of a high oil content. This almond oil can then go a long way in neutralizing your stomach acid.
- Take some almonds, almost 10 to 15, and after a couple of hours you will feel experience a notable difference in the intensity of your heart burn.
9. Apples and Heart Burn
Did you know that an apple a day can keep heart burn away? If not, then it is time you know that apples can considerably reduce the production of your stomach acid and consequently diminish the ensuing burning sensation as well.
10. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves are also used extensively to provide relief from heartburns. Moreover, it can also battle other digestive ailments such as nausea and gas etc.
- Chew a couple of basil leaves every day.