Home Remedies to Get Rid of Gingivitis
Gingivitis is a very common gum disease which can creep into your lives without your awareness. Its usual symptoms are swollen gums, puffiness and redness. Furthermore, your gums might also get prone to bleeding while you are flossing or brushing your teeth. You might be wondering about the possible reasons which lead to this condition. Poor oral hygiene is one of the foremost factor which allows tartar and plaque to build up in your teeth. It is in this very build up that bacteria start residing and accumulating. As a corollary, you end up with gingivitis. The bad news is that gingivitis can turn out to be potentially dangerous, not only for your teeth but the rest of your health as well. Research indicates that gingivitis implies increased risk of diabetes, heart and lung diseases as well as pregnancy complications, therefore it makes it essential to get rid of Gingivitis as soon as possible.
Prevention is better than cure. This cliché has been tried and tested for centuries and has proved its worth. Ensuring your prevention from gingivitis is pretty simple. All you have to do is make sure that you follow a good oral hygiene routine and stick to it consistently. You can also consider visiting your dentist for further recommendations and health practices. Fortunately you need not fret if you are suffering from this dire gum disease. This is because, there are a number of home remedies present out there which can ensure that you get rid of gingivitis and end up with healthy, strong gums.
How to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast
1. Power Of Salt
Salt is acknowledged across the globe for its anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties. These very traits make it a very effective agent to battle gingivitis.
- Take some lukewarm water and add a bit of salt (chemically sodium chloride) to it. The proportion can be half teaspoon of salt to one glass of water. Now, use this salt water to rinse your mouth twice a day until you notice a visible difference in your swollen gums.
2. All-Purpose Baking Soda
Baking soda is notable for its diverse uses. It goes a long way in the treatment of tooth aches and all kinds of gum diseases. This is because, being a base, it neutralizes all the acids present in your mouth.
- Primarily make a paste by mixing quarter tea spoon of baking soda with a little amount of water. Once, you make this paste; apply it onto your gums. Now, leave it there for a couple for minutes so that it can carry out its anti-septic action. Eventually, rinse your mouth with warm water. You can embark upon this practice twice or thrice a week.
3. Potency Of Lemon Juice
Citric acid present in lemon juice has anti-bacterial, anti-septic and inflammatory traits. Moreover, the vitamin C present in lemon juice can battle various infections successfully.
- Take a glass of warm water and add some lemon juice in it. Now, make use of this solution to rinse your mouth prior to brushing your teeth. Rinsing your mouth with this lemon juice solution twice a day would take care of all gum infections, swelling, bleeding etc.
4. Age-old practice of Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is a popular practice that has been deployed for centuries in order to treat various gum diseases including gingivitis. This practice can help in considerable reduction of bacteria and can go a long way in restoring your oral health.
- Take a teaspoon of oil into your mouth. You can consider the intake of either coconut oil or sesame oil. Keep it swishing inside your mouth for some time, approximately fifteen to twenty minutes. After this time, spit the oil out and follow this by a thorough rinse of warm water. Make sure that you do not end up swallowing the oil. Moreover, this method should be repeated every morning for almost a month.
5. Majestic Aloe Vera
Owing to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, Aloe Vera can serve as a potent weapon against gingivitis. It not only sooths swollen, inflated gums; rather it also helps in relieving pain.
- First of all, extract the pulp from an aloe Vera leaf. Directly, apply this pulp onto your swollen gums and rub it there. Allow this pulp to stay on for nearly ten minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with cold water. This practice can be repeated quite a few times until your condition improves.
6. Ever-Useful Turmeric
Cur cumin, which is a vital ingredient of turmeric, is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant traits and thus can be effective in the treatment of gingivitis.
- Mix some turmeric and a little water together to form a paste. Now, using a tooth brush and this turmeric paste, brush your teeth thoroughly. Continue repeating this practice twice a day for a couple of weeks until the condition subsides.
7. Cleansing Clove
Clove has a three-pronged approach. It serves as an anti-septic, anti-inflammatory and an analgesic.
- All you have to do is chew a couple of cloves to get rid of gingivitis. You ought to do this at least thrice daily for a couple of weeks.
8. Refreshing Peppermint
Peppermint is very effective in the treatment of gingivitis, since it reduces inflammation and enables you to get rid of bad breath.
- A strong peppermint tea taken alternatively between meals or used as a mouth wash after cooling helps to cure gum diseases.
9. Effective Of Guava Leaves
Guava leaves can claim a large number of advantages to its name. It not only has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, rather it also serves as an anti-oxidant and an anti-microbial agent.
- Make a tooth paste by grinding some soft guava leaves and use it to brush your teeth.
10. Magical Tea-Tree Oil
Tea-tree oil is strongly recommended to battle chronic gingivitis owing to its anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic traits.
- Before brushing your teeth, add a drop of this oil to your tooth paste. Do this every time prior to brushing.