Home Remedies to Get Rid of Double Chin
Double Chins are anyone’s worst nightmare. After all, who would want an extra layer of fatty tissue marring his/her appearance. The most common factor in play behind double chin is obesity or excessive weight. However, as you age, your skin loses its elasticity and might tend to hang low, giving you a double chin to fret about. Moreover, certain genetic mutations might also give you a double chin.
You can try masking it by various means such as tilting your head high at a specific angle so that it doesn’t show, or you can fill up your wardrobe with scarves and high necked dresses. Despite these masking techniques, the nightmarish double chin is still going to be there.
On the other hand, you can try opting for a surgical removal of this extra layer of fatty tissues. However, such facial surgeries tend to be pretty expensive and can be out of your budget. Yet you need not get distressed, since, hereby we have accumulated a number of home remedies to get rid of double chin fast with much care and satisfactorily.
1. Using Cocoa Butter
Regular use of cocoa butter can work wonders for your skin elasticity. Consequently, you can bid farewell to that aggravating double chin.
- Your first step would be to get hold of some cocoa butter. Next, heat up this butter a little. Using microwave for this purpose is convenient and recommendable. Now, start massaging this butter onto your double chin and move down to your neck with gentle strokes. This therapy should be repeated twice daily.
2. The Magic Of Egg Whites
Egg whites are known for their skin tightening effect and owing to this reason, their mask is pretty effective for double chins.
- Make a mask by combining two egg whites and add 1 table spoon of milk, lemon juice and honey. You can also consider adding a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil for its rejuvenating effect. This mask should then be applied onto the required areas and left there for almost half an hour. Afterwards, you ought to rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water to remove all traces.
3. What can Sugar Free Gum do?
Did you know that sugar free gum can go a long way in keeping your facial muscles in shape? Since, your jaws are in a continuous activity, therefore your muscles are kept toned. So, make sure that you chew two or three gums in a day and get rid of your double chin as swiftly as possible.
4. The Diversity of Glycerin
Glycerin has diverse purposes; an important one of which is moisturization. Therefore, you can also consider making a glycerin mask to bid adieu to double chins.
- This mask would comprise of 1 table spoon of glycerin along with half a table spoon of Epsom salt. You can also add a little amount of peppermint oil. Now, all you have to do is apply this mask both on your double chin and neck. Let it sit there for a while so that it can carry out its action. Afterwards, rinse it with cold water.
5. Double Chin & Wheat Germ Oil
Make a habit of massaging your double chin and neck regularly with wheat germ oil. The vitamin E present in this oil has a reinvigorating and tightening impact. This oil should be applied regularly for some time in gentle, upward strokes, for approximately ten to fifteen minutes.
6. The Always Effective Green Tea
Green Tea is a complete health package in itself. The various anti-oxidants which make up green tea play a significant role in improving one’s metabolism rate. Consequently, your weight is brought in line, and as a direct corollary your double chin also disappears.
7. Your Skin & Vitamin E
Vitamin E is heavenly for your skin and hair. It enhances your skin’s elasticity and as a result your skin’s general health is boosted. Therefore, if you are looking for ways to battle that gruesome double chin, the first thing you ought to do is improve your vitamin E intake. This mineral is present in dairy products, green vegetables, wheat germ oil etc. Moreover, with your doctor’s consultation you can also opt for a vitamin E supplement.
8. Water Intake
Lack of fluid in your body can also lead to a puffy, bloated face, giving you a double chin. This water retention can be treated if you improve your water intake. Drink lots of water daily along with foods having a high water content. Moreover, get a grip on your intake of coffee, tea and carbonated drinks. Try to minimize your consumption of the latter drinks as much as possible.
9. Posture can do Wonders
Did you know that a little modification in your posture can do wonders for your double chin? If not, then it is time that you start sitting up straight, with your back erect and your face lifted. In this way, that extra layer of skin wouldn’t droop and you would be saved from a bizarre looking double chin.
10. Embark upon Chin Exercises
There are lots of exercises out there whose basic aim is to tone your jaw and chin muscles along with bestowing elasticity to your skin. Your chin and neck muscles are strengthened as a consequence and you are enabled to bid adieu to your annoying double chin.
- Keep your spine straight. In this very position lift your face upwards so that you end up looking at the ceiling. Meanwhile arrange your lips in a pout like manner. Hold this position while you count till five and then let go. Repeat these steps a number of times. This exercise should be repeated daily until you get rid of your double chin.