Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bruises
Bruises are small bluish or purplish marks that appear on your skin. These marks or bruises are generally caused by injuries which leave your blood vessels crushed. As a consequence, blood seeps out of these vessels into the nearby tissues underneath the skin’s surface. This bleeding isn’t external and therefore it leaves behind a discolored patch. At times, this discoloration is also accompanied with pain and inflammation. These bruises generally disappear within a fortnight but you can’t deny that they indeed look hideous and you definitely wouldn’t want to be seen sporting them if you are wearing a dress that reveals skin. Fortunately though, there are a number of home remedies to get rid of bruises faster and more efficiently within a very short period of time. Continue reading in order to get acquainted with some of these home remedies to get rid of bruises effectively.
How to Get Rid of Bruises Fast
1. Ice Pack Application
One of the simplest, quickest and the most recommended remedies that can instantly cure your bruise as well as give you an instant relief from pain is ice pack application.
- As soon as you incur the bruise, take hold of an ice pack and place it onto the affected, swollen area. However, make sure that you do not place ice directly onto the bruised area, rather wrap it first into a cloth or towel. Allow this ice pack to sit onto the affected area for some time, approximately 10 minutes.
2. Contrary Solution-Hot Compress
Another alternate solution to treat your bruises is to go for a hot compress. This hot compress would help stimulate your blood circulation and thus remove the aggravating discoloration.
- Take a soft cloth and soak it in warm water. Now, place this wet cloth onto the bruised area. However, make sure that you only apply a hot compress over the contusion once 24 hours have elapsed after the injury.
3. Wonders of Massage
Another potent way to get rid of bruises quickly is to massage the affected area regularly. Regular massage would stimulate the blood flow and remove all traces of accumulated blood.
- Embark upon a massage of the bruised area after every three to four hours. Make sure that you rub your fingers gently in circular motions over the contusion for a period of 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Ever Miraculous Vinegar
Application of vinegar onto the bruised area can also stimulate blood flow. It liquefies blood so that it doesn’t remain accumulated in one area and thereby all traces of discoloration are removed.
- Take a cloth and soak it into vinegar. Now, place this vinegar cloth directly onto the bruised area.
5. Epsom Salt & its potential
Epsom salt has been used throughout centuries to treat muscle and skin ailments.
- Take some warm water in a tub and add 2 cups of Epsom salt to this water. Now, soak your bruised area into this Epsom Salt water for some time until you notice a visible difference. Repeat this process frequently to end up with swift results.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Gel is Nature’s very own beauty product and medicine. It is particularly useful for the treatment of various small skin and muscle injuries. Moreover, it helps discoloration and pigmentation to fade away, gradually enabling you to get rid of it.
- Extract some Aloe Vera pulp and apply it directly onto your bruise. Let it stay there for some time and finally follow this step by rinsing the affected area with warm water.
7. Bandage up your Bruise
Bandaging the affected area can also help reduce both inflammation and pain.
- Lightly tie up a cloth bandage over the bruised area. This bandage would serve as a source of compression to ease both your discomfort and pain. Moreover, you can also deploy a bandage to secure your cold compress in place for a longer duration of time. However, make sure that you do not tie up the bandage very tightly or else you might end up in painful discomfort.
8. Comfrey Leaves
Comfrey leaves can also go a long way in stimulating your blood circulation and enhancing your body’s repair system. Consequently the pooled up blood that had aggregated would be displaced and the ensuing discoloration along with inflammation would subside.
- First of all you will have to make a fine paste by grounding some fresh comfrey leaves. Apply a layer of this paste onto the bruised area. Leave it lying there until it dries off. Now, apply another layer and wait for it to dry off as well. Finally, wash it off with the help of lukewarm water.
9. Exposure to Sun
Sun Exposure is also a reliable way of getting rid of bruises quickly. Sun rays make your circulation fast and smooth and thus have the ability of curing a number of diseases and ailments; one of which is bruises.
10. Power Of Pine Apple
Pineapple comes with a characteristic chemical known as Brome lain which performs the function of breaking down enzymes. This break down of enzyme stimulates the formation of a fluid which in turn stimulates the formation of new tissues to replace the old damaged ones.