Home Remedies to Get Rid of Black Eye
You got involved in a fight and got punched into your face. Voila, now you have a black eye that you have to worry about. The worst part is that it not only looks bad, rather it feels bad as well. It is accompanied with swelling, pain, headaches and dizziness. Moreover, you might also have a blurry vision for some days until the swelling subsides. What actually happens is that the soft tissue around your eyes gets bruised and thus you end up with a black eye which is even painful to look at. Obviously, you don’t want to hang around with this monstrosity on your face. The accompanying pain is also another factor which makes you want to get rid of black eye as soon as possible. Luckily, there are a number of house hold remedies out there which can make this possible. These remedies have been elaborated below for your benefit to get rid of black eye fast. However, if the situation persists or worsens, then contact your doctor immediately.
How to Get Rid of Black Eye Fast
1. Cool off your Black Eye with an Ice Pack
Ice packs are the most common and rampantly embarked upon treatment for black eye. Make sure that you place an ice pack or ice compress onto the affected area as soon as possible. What happens is that ice constricts your blood vessels and as a consequence your internal bleeding is brought to a halt. It initiates the healing process and propels the swelling to subside.
- Take some ice cubes and make an ice pack by wrapping up these ice cubes in a cotton cloth. Later on, place this ice pack onto your swollen eye for about 10 minutes. For the first 48 hours after your injury, you will need to repeat this process several times.
2. Healing with a warm Compress
Just like a cold compress can heal your black eyes, similarly a warm compress can do the same, although this might sound paradoxical. However, while an ice pack needs to be placed immediately after incurring the black eye, a warm compress needs to be applied after one or two days of the injury. Warm compress would stimulate your blood flow and thus trigger your healing process.
- Take a clean cloth and dip it in warm water. Wring the cloth to squeeze out all excess water and then place this cloth onto your affected eye. Keep it there until it cools off. This process should also be embarked upon several times in a day.
3. Anti-inflammatory Marigold
Marigold or calendula is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps the swelling and inflammation to subside and stimulates healing and therefore serves the purpose of how to get rid of black eye fast.
- Take hot water and place a handful of fresh marigold petals in it. Let these petals soak into this hot water for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, place it into the refrigerator to cool down. Now, dip a clean cloth into this solution and place it onto your eyes for approximately 5 minutes. This process ought to be repeated a few times in a day.
4. Suffuse your diet with Vitamin C
In order to quicken up the healing process of your black eye, it is mandatory that you maintain an intake of Vitamin C rich diet. There are many fruits and vegetables out there which are endowed with huge amounts of vitamin C. Oranges, guavas, mangoes, lemons, broccoli etc. are some of these very food items. Vitamin C plays a very important role in fortifying your blood vessels and thus speeds up your healing process.
5. Two Fruits starting with P
There are two fruits out there, both of which start with the alphabet P, and both of which are really effective when it comes to the treatment of black eye. Pineapple and Papaya are endowed with anti-oxidants. These anti-oxidants quicken up the healing pace of any sort of injury which your body might incur. Moreover, they soften and heal the bruised tissue around your eyes.
- Extract the pulp of these fruits and apply it onto the affected area.
6. Arnica Herb
It is a natural herb which can help to subside the swelling which usually accompanies a black eye. Moreover, its healing powers can treat all your bruised tissues and eye muscles.
- It is advised that you start using Arnica as soon as possible. It is available both in the form of topical treatments as well as oils.
7. Healing Power of Potatoes
Potatoes have the capability of reducing swelling along your eye. Moreover, it can also relieve your pain and give you a calming sensation.
- After peeling a potato, cut it down into slices. Now, place these slices into the refrigerator for an hour or so. Afterwards, take out a potato slice which has cooled down and place it onto the affected area for another half an hour.
8. Comfrey Paste
A paste made from comfrey roots is an excellent remedy for the treatment of bruised, black eye. It can help you get rid of both swelling and pain.
- Take some comfrey roots and grind them up. Now, mix these powdered roots with water in order to make a paste. This paste should be applied onto the bruised area once every day.
9. Massage with Natural Oils
Massage from a Natural Oil is also a very effective way to treat your black eye quickly. Massaging the affected area gently can reduce inflammation to a great deal. You can make use of any natural oil for this purpose. For instance, coconut oil or castor oil can be used; however olive oil is the best and the most recommended one.
10. Witch Hazel & Black Eye
Witch Hazel is said to cure many problems and black eye is one of those many problems.
- Take hold of a cotton pad or ball and soak it in witch hazel for a couple of minutes. Afterwards, place it onto the bruised eye. This simple remedy will soothe your bruised, black eye and also act as a catalyst to speed up the healing